|Joint CFTC-SEC Advisory Committee on Emerging Regulatory Issues
|| May 11, 2010
|| Washington, D.C.
| Web site
The Joint CFTC-SEC Advisory Committee on Emerging Regulatory Issues held its second meeting on June 22, 2010, to review to the extraordinary market events of May 6, 2010 (the so-called "flash crash") with exchange representatives and market participants. The meeting consisted of two panels:
- Panel One - Exchange Observations
- Craig S. Donohue, Chief Executive Officer, the Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- Edward J. Joyce, President & Chief Operating Officer, Chicago Board Options Exchange, Inc.
- Joseph Mecane, Executive Vice President & Co-Head of U.S. Listing and Cash Execution, NYSE Euronext
- Eric Noll, Executive Vice President-Transaction Services, NASDAQ OMX Group
- William O’Brien, Chief Executive Officer, Direct Edge
- Joseph Ratterman, President & Chief Executive Officer, BATS Exchange, Inc.
- Chuck Vice, President & Chief Operating Officer, the Intercontinental Exchange, Inc.
- Panel Two - Perspectives on Liquidity
- Leonard Amoruso, Senior Managing Director & General Counsel, Knight Capital Group
- David Cummings, Owner & Chairman of the Board, Tradebot Systems
- Jeff Engelberg, Principal & Senior Trader, Southeastern Asset Management, Inc.
- Thomas Peterffy, Chairman & CEO, Interactive Brokers LLC
- Anoop Prasad, Managing Director, D.E. Shaw & Co.
- Matt Schrecengost, Chief Operating Officer, Jump Trading LLC
- David Weild IV, Capital Markets Advisor, Grant Thornton
Link to Archived Webcast
Access Webcast in Windows Media Player format
Related Documents:Panelists' Statements
- ↑ Joint CFTC-SEC Advisory Committee on Emerging Regulatory Issues Announces Agenda, List of Participants for June 22 Meeting. CFTC. Retrieved on April 1, 2011.