|Joint CFTC-SEC Advisory Committee on Emerging Regulatory Issues
|| May 11, 2010
|| Washington, D.C.
| Web site
The Joint CFTC-SEC Advisory Committee on Emerging Regulatory Issues held its third meeting on August 11, 2010, to review the extraordinary market events of May 6, 2010 (the so-called "flash crash") with investors and investor groups.
The committee's second meeting, held on June 22, 2010, representatives of U.S. exchanges and liquidity providers testified as to their retrospectives regarding the flash crash. The August 11, 2010 meeting focused instead on the investor perspective. Panelists included:
- Michael Mendelson, Principal, AQR Capital Management
- Noel Archard, Head of U.S. Products, Blackrock
- Charles Rotblut, Vice President and Editor, American Association of Individual Investors
- Chris Nagy, Managing Director, Order Routing Sales and Strategy, TD Ameritrade
- Kevin Cronin, Director of Global Equity Trading at Invesco
- Pamela J. Craig, Chief Financial Officer, Accenture
Panelists' statements can be found below.
Subsequent to the meeting, on September 30, 2010, the committee released a study related to its findings.
Link to Archived Webcast
Access Webcast in Windows Media Player format
Access Webcast in Real Player format
Related Documents: Panelists' Statements
- ↑ Joint CFTC-SEC Advisory Committee on Emerging Regulatory Issues Announces Agenda, List of Participants for August 11 Meeting. CFTC. Retrieved on April 1, 2011.