Federal Register: Registration of Swap Dealers and Major Swap Participants
|FINAL RULE: This page refers to the proposed rulemaking on registration requirements for swap dealers and major swap participants. For a summary of the final rule, click here.|
|Final Rule Issue||Effective Date||Compliance Date - Swap Dealers||Compliance Date - Major Swap Participants|
|January 19, 2012||March 19, 2012||January 1, 2013||October 12, 2012|
On November 10, 2010, the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) held its fourth in the series of open meetings to consider the issuance of proposed rulemakings under the Dodd-Frank Act. One of the agenda items was a proposed rule regarding the registration of swap dealers and major swap participants .
Specifically, the proposal would require:
- The establishment of a process for the registration of swap dealers and major swap participants;
- Swap dealers and major swap participants to become and remain members of a registered futures association;
- Subject affiliates of swap dealers and major swap participants to these requirements; and
- The prohibition of a swap dealer or major swap participant from association with a person who is subject to a statutory disqualification.
Related Documents: Fact Sheet, Q&A, and Rule Proposal as it Appeared in the Federal Register
- Open Meeting on Fourth Series of Proposed Rules under the Dodd-Frank Act. CFTC. Retrieved on March 7, 2011.