Dodd-Frank Timeline, Reporting, Recordkeeping, Public Information and Information Sharing Requirements for DCOs
| Proposal Date
|| Final Rule Issue
|| Effective Date
| December 13, 2010
|| October 18, 2011
|| January 9, 2012
The CFTC proposed rules on reporting, recordkeeping, public information and information sharing requirements for derivative clearing organizations (DCOs), at the December 1, 2010 Open Meeting requires DCOs to retain and submit:
- Daily margin, cash flow, and end of day reports,
- Quarterly DCO financial reports,
- Annual report from Chief Compliance Officer (CCO), and audited financial statements
- Event Specific Reports in the event of a decrease in financial resources, ownership equity, liquid assets, or working capital; or material changes in key personnel, or organizational structure,
- Margin and Clearing Issues such as clearing member margin calls, defaults, forced liquidations, or enforcement actions.
Related Documents: Fact Sheet, Q&A, Federal Registry Entry, and Explanatory Chart
- ↑ Open Meeting on Sixth Series of Proposed Rules under the Dodd-Frank Act. CFTC. Retrieved on February 16, 2011.