American Bar Association Banking Law Committee Fall Meeting, November 4, 2011
On November 4, 2011, Daniel Tarullo of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System spoke at the fall meeting of the American Bar Association Banking Law Committee. His speech, titled The International Agenda for Financial Regulation, consisted of three important topics regarding international banking regulations:
1. an overview of the next steps toward reforming capital and liquidity standards, including some implementation issues in the United States;
2. Tarullo's opinions on priorities for 2012:
- cross-border resolution of financial firms;
- wholesale funding markets; and
- over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives reform
3. institutional changes within international firms and regulators to promote safety and efficiency in the international financial system.